America Demo Демонстрационные диски североамериканского региона

Реклама
Оцените пожалуйста - Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine Demo Disc 47 [SCUS-94652].
(0)
Рейтинг темы: голосов - 0, средняя оценка - .

Ответ

Опции темы
Старый 16.01.2010, 18:30   #1
Администратор

volgame репутация неоспоримаvolgame репутация неоспоримаvolgame репутация неоспоримаvolgame репутация неоспоримаvolgame репутация неоспоримаvolgame репутация неоспоримаvolgame репутация неоспоримаvolgame репутация неоспоримаvolgame репутация неоспоримаvolgame репутация неоспоримаvolgame репутация неоспорима
Америка / USA Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine Demo Disc 47 [SCUS-94652]             

Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine Demo Disc 47 (SCUS-94652)

Official US PlayStation Magazine 47 is a Demo Disc game, developed and published by Ziff Davis Media, which was released in 2001

Review by LordAtomic

"I consider it to be illegal when the non-playable demos outnumber the playables 8:1!"

Recently, with the flow of new PlayStation titles slowing to a trickle, OPM has been sticking a bunch of demos of old PlayStation classics on their monthly demo disc. Typically, this has been great, because it has helped me to play some old games that you can only buy used. For example, disc #45 contained a demo of Klonoa, a game released in 1998 that is no longer produced. I loved the demo so much that I went to Blockbuster and bought it for free (Thanks to a coupon!)! ^_^

But it's demo discs like this one that really gets me mad. This month, there is only one playable demo. On top of that, it's a demo of a game almost every PlayStation owner has: Final Fantasy 8. While I don't own Final Fantasy 8, (I'm a new PlayStation owner) meaning that this was a treat for me, there is no excuse for the fact that on this disc, the ratio of non-playable demos to playable is 8:1.

This month follows a Final Fantasy theme, obviously because of a hype of the movie. Because of this, the video previews are for Final Fantasies VII, Tactics, Chronicles, and ''The Spirits Within'' (movie trailer). There are also videos of Chrono Cross, Klonoa 2, and Star Wars Episode I: Super Bombad Racing.

What pisses me off the most is that only two of the seven video game previews have reason to be video only, (one is yet to be released, and one is a PS2 title) meaning that the other five could've easily joined Final Fantasy 8 as a playable demo. That's pitiful.

Anyway, onto the review of the FF8 demo.

The demo starts with an awesome FMV sequence of Seifer and his crew (Squall, Zell, and Rinoa) ''docking'' (more like crashing!) their ship on the shore of their destination. They run through a town, fighting baddies along the way, until they enter a building where Biggs and Wedge are. After fighting them for awhile, a boss blows B+W away. After defeating the boss, Seifer and his group receive word that they are to return to their ship and leave within 15 minutes. This would be fine, except for the fact that another boss chases them back. After a few fights, they narrowly escape into their ship and leave, not before putting an end to the pesky boss. Ta-da, demo over. I wish I could have reported all of this in higher detail, but the demo doesn't elaborate much on the story's background. Sorry!

Graphically, this game is great. I love how the characters don't look like lego figures, like they did in FF7. Some of the prettier moments are when Rinoa summons Leviathan, and we see a waterfall paired with water curling near the boss. Sure, FF9 looks better, but this is a year older than FF9.

The audio is great, just like in all Final Fantasy games. All the music in the demo has a fighting feel to it. None of the beautiful music from normal FF games are in the demo, but it makes sense because none of the love scenes from the full version of FF8 are present here.

Control is perfect. There is no dash button here, just pushing the D-Pad makes the characters run. This is the way it should be!

Replay value? What replay value? The demo is short, and so is your interest after beating it once, twice at most.

Demo Score: 10/10
The great demo keeps the overall disc score from being a 1/10.

Pros
Great FF8 demo
Nice video previews

Cons
Shortest demo disc I've ever seen!

Bottom Line

When I pay $8 for an issue of OPM on the newsstands, (actually, I subscribe, which is only a little cheaper) I expect a great demo disc, which is the reason the magazine cost is so high. It's discs like these that extremely disappoint me. Unfortunately, next month's disc will ALSO only have one playable demo, (Matt Hoffman's Pro BMX) so expect another negative review from me.

Reviewer's Score: 2/10, Originally Posted: 08/08/01, Updated 10/06/02

Include (only rolling demo's):

Star Wars Super Bombat Racing
Chrono Cross
Final Fantasy Chronicles
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy The Spirit Within
Klonoa 2

Platform: SONY PlayStation
Release:Ziff Davis Media/2001
Genre: Demo Compilation
Language: English
Image: IMG/CCD/SUB/CUE
WinRar: ~382 Mb

NAROD.DISK

Этот текст скрыт Вы должны зарегистрироваться чтобы увидеть скрытый текст. После регистрации и активации аккаунта нажмите кнопку 'Спасибо', чтобы увидеть скрытый текст содержащейся здесь. Регистрация возможна через e-mail и OpenID. Если Вы испытываете проблемы с регистрацией, пожалуйста свяжитесь с Администратором volgame@gmail.com

MEGA.NZ

Этот текст скрыт Вы должны зарегистрироваться чтобы увидеть скрытый текст. После регистрации и активации аккаунта нажмите кнопку 'Спасибо', чтобы увидеть скрытый текст содержащейся здесь. Регистрация возможна через e-mail и OpenID. Если Вы испытываете проблемы с регистрацией, пожалуйста свяжитесь с Администратором volgame@gmail.com
Эти 18 пользователи сказали Спасибо volgame за это сообщение:
Реклама

Старый 01.04.2012, 22:28   #2
Администратор

volgame репутация неоспоримаvolgame репутация неоспоримаvolgame репутация неоспоримаvolgame репутация неоспоримаvolgame репутация неоспоримаvolgame репутация неоспоримаvolgame репутация неоспоримаvolgame репутация неоспоримаvolgame репутация неоспоримаvolgame репутация неоспоримаvolgame репутация неоспорима
По умолчанию Ответ: Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine Demo Disc 47 [SCUS-94652]             

Файл перезалит на сервис http://narod.yandex.ru/disk
Эти 2 пользователи сказали Спасибо volgame за это сообщение:
Старый 13.09.2018, 16:32   #3
Администратор

По умолчанию Ответ: Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine Demo Disc 47 [SCUS-94652]             

Добавлена альтернативная закачка на сервис MEGA.NZ
Ответ

Опции темы