(3DO) Puzzle/Miscellaneous Игры для популярной игровой платформы 3DO (все регионы) - жанра - Puzzle/Miscellaneous

Реклама
Оцените пожалуйста - Dennis Miller - That's News To Me (U).
(0)
Рейтинг темы: голосов - 0, средняя оценка - .

Ответ

Опции темы
Старый 03.08.2010, 14:35   #1
Администратор

volgame репутация неоспоримаvolgame репутация неоспоримаvolgame репутация неоспоримаvolgame репутация неоспоримаvolgame репутация неоспоримаvolgame репутация неоспоримаvolgame репутация неоспоримаvolgame репутация неоспоримаvolgame репутация неоспоримаvolgame репутация неоспоримаvolgame репутация неоспорима
Америка / USA Dennis Miller - That's News To Me (U)             

Dennis Miller - That's News To Me (U)

Review by Arguro
"There's nothing funnier than out-dated jokes about the first President Bush... oh wait... yes there is...."

The 3DO was supposed to be the multimedia platform of the future. In addition to video games, movies, music and more could be done with the system. Some of the things that came out for the system were little video packages, Dennis Miller: That's News to Me being one of them.

Dennis Miller: That's News to Me is not so much a game but rather a collection of videos, featuring comedian Dennis Miller talking about world events from 1993. There is nothing challenging about it. There is not much of a point either. Dennis Miller talks about different events from the year 1993 and adds his own, comedic twist to it, much like he did on his talk show from the same time period.

The game, if you can even call it that, is very simple. You will be shown a picture of Dennis Miller along with a graphic relating to the individual news clip that you have selected. There will be a month and a category that you can change at your will. When you select a clip, a video of Dennis Miller will play in place of his picture, usually lasting less than ten seconds, and he will quip about the specific event.
The controls are odd because there is no cursor to select things. Instead, you need to press the up or down button on the directional pad in order to switch the category. Left and right switch between months. You press the L or R buttons to move a pink light between green squares to change subjects amongst the category and use the A button to play the clip. It takes a while to learn the controls because of the awkwardness. Most players will press the wrong buttons several times before getting the hang of it. Thankfully, there is no penalty for pressing something at the wrong time. You can always go back and watch clips over again.

I suppose one would have to understand Dennis Miller's brand of comedy to be able to get any sort of enjoyment out of this video collection (let us face it; it is not a game). He makes a lot of comparisons and similes about one current event being similar to another completely random act committed by someone who would not do such an act. People who do not follow world events, including pop-culture will have difficulty understanding his references, because he makes some obscure ones at times.
The worst thing about this 'Interactive Experience' is that it is extremely dated. Dennis Miller covers an entire year's events, but that year happens to be 1993. January starts off with jokes about George Bush senior and the end of his presidency. It then transitions into Bill Clinton and his supposedly poor choices for his staff.
You can choose between four different categories: sports, world news, politics, and show business. Each category contains a different set of videos for each month. There will be as few as three and as many as five videos per month per category. Under politics, Dennis Miller mostly makes fun of Bill Clinton and how he does not live up to his campaign promises. All the other categories are varied with jokes from all facets of the category.

The game will date its self almost instantly with jokes right off the bat about Super Bowl twenty-seven and the aforementioned jokes about George H. W. Bush. When one looks back on the jokes today, one quickly realizes how little things came true that were predicted in this year. This becomes evident more so than any other point roughly halfway through the year when Dennis Miller remarks about Virtual Reality. While the joke its self is fairly lame, it is the set up (the part that is true) that makes someone watching today laugh. Dennis Miller remarks on how scientists predict that by the end of the twentieth century, people will be able to have sex with any one they want through their television. Looking back now in 2008, I would like to know what happened to this technology and why it never came to fruition.

A lot of the references in his jokes are very obscure and unknown to many people, especially today. I understood only about thirty percent of his jokes (and laughed at fewer than 10 percent). There are events referenced as huge news events of 1993 that I never would have remembered if it were not for this video collection. I suppose it is caused by the passing of fifteen years, but looking back on this, I can see very little value in it. Perhaps if the year 1993 was a very important one if your life, you could use this as a tool to reminisce about the years past. However, to the rest of us, there is very little value in this package.

One might surmise that in 1994, this was a great way to look back at the past year and might be worth the price tag of fifty dollars. However, in todays day and age, there is no reason to spend money on this at all, unless you are a hard core 3DO collector or are really into Dennis Miller. The jokes are not worth it and you will be better spent using your money for something with more substance. In the end, it just is not worth it, unless you like really out dated jokes about events that are best left forgotten.

Reviewer's Score: 3/10, Originally Posted: 12/29/07

Media Type (Платформа): 3DO
Release/Publisher (Дата издания/Издатель): Sanctuary Woods - 1994 - US
Genre (Жанр): Miscellaneous/Video
Language (Язык игры): English
Image (Формат образа диска): ISO/CUE
WinRar (Размер архива): ~296 Mb

Upload Service - Megaupload.com

Link:
Этот текст скрыт Вы должны зарегистрироваться чтобы увидеть скрытый текст. После регистрации и активации аккаунта нажмите кнопку 'Спасибо', чтобы увидеть скрытый текст содержащейся здесь. Регистрация возможна через e-mail и OpenID. Если Вы испытываете проблемы с регистрацией, пожалуйста свяжитесь с Администратором volgame@gmail.com
Эти 4 пользователи сказали Спасибо volgame за это сообщение:
Реклама

Ответ

Опции темы